Canvas is the learning management system (LMS) that CCPS students and teachers use to support face-to-face instruction and deliver remote instruction. Canvas streamlines all the digital tools and content that teachers and students love, for a simpler and more connected learning experience. Assistance for students is located on our Student page of the website.
To access Canvas, parents can use the Canvas Parent App to create a Canvas Observer Account. The Canvas Parent app allows parents to engage in their children's education by providing access to important class information.
Please see THIS DOCUMENT as a resource for parents on accessing Parent Observer Accounts.
With the Canvas Observer account, parents CAN:
- View the list of courses where their students are enrolled. For each course, parents can see syllabus, assignments (title, due date, and instructions) and events.
- Set alerts to view course announcements and/or receive reminders for a specific assignment or event (sent to mobile devices as push notifications).
- Monitor their child’s performance on Canvas assignments (official grade reported in Infinite Campus).
With the Canvas Observer account, parents CANNOT:
- Submit assignments, participate in discussions or take quizzes on their child’s behalf.
- Access course content (files, pages, other students’ work, etc.)
- Participate in the course in any way.